We’re here to help you build a business strategy providing flexibility along with opportunities to create value here and now.
Food Factory Design
Whether its a new food factory design or refurbishment project, Arctica will work closely with you, the client. You are the experts within your industry and may need a little help and guidance, but our aim is the same; to get the best design solution and deliver the right facility for your product.
Our expertise gained over many years of architectural experience within the food industry means we have the specialist knowledge to guide and advise you through the process.
Process flows and production
To make the project a success it is vital to map the process flows and lay out the production equipment so that the facility flows correctly and as efficiently as possible.
We spend time in your existing facility and with your key employees to understand what you produce and how, so that key issues can be addressed in the design.
Years of experience gives us the expertise to look at your existing facility through a feasibility study and see if it can be re-configured without the need for a new building.
We create designs that are low maintenance, both inside and out.
Your employees are important to you and creating good welfare facilities makes your facility a nicer place to work and helps retain staff. Light and ventilation alone can make a huge difference to the working environment.
We understand businesses plan for growth and will incorporate strategies for future expansion into the design.
Arctica has a proactive approach to project management from conception to completion. Every project is different but by involving us at an early stage we can drive the project and provide the link between the project team.
Arctica’s project managers have a hands-on approach with years of experience within the industrial food sector helping to deliver projects on time and within budget.
Our process includes:
- Developing the project brief & objectives
- Collaborative working with all project stakeholders
- Develop and implement the management plan
- Identify the project requirements, resources, and timescales
- Manage client internal teams such as technical
- Managing risks, issues and variations
- Continuous monitoring of progress against plan
- Managing the project budget
- Access to advisors of BRC, Salsa and other food accreditations
Arctica can implement project management at any stage of a project. Our flexible approach allows the service we offer to be varied depending on the activities required for each individual project and can be tailored to meet your exact needs.
Uncertain about any aspect of a new project?
We offer a feasibility study to help identify the way forward.
- Investigating whether the project is necessary
- Justifying the investment
- Help with funding and corporate ‘buy in’
A critical factor in the delivery of a successful project is the effective management of cost.
Arctica provides cost consultancy at each stage of a project not only to minimise cost but to maximise value for money for our clients whilst still delivering the end goal with the required standards.
Our highly skilled team of quantity surveyors are experienced in a variety of food projects including new build and refurbishment offering professional and flexible advice.
Each project has its own cost challenges, so we are here to offer the following services:
- Feasibility studies
- Estimates and budgeting
- Contractual advice
- Value engineering & risk management
- Management of the tender process
- Post contract management
- Management of variations to contract
- Access to specialist tax advisors
Understanding the process requirements for your new facility or product is key to the design and sourcing the most suitable equipment. Whether you are re-modelling or expanding or designing a new facility Arctica can offer full process engineering solutions and are at hand to work with you to achieve the end goal.
Regardless of the size of your project or its complexity, we have the expertise to work with and for you.
Our process engineering solutions include:
- Business rationalisation plans and efficiency assessment
- Process and product review, evaluation and optimisation
- Innovative equipment search, inspection and procurement
- Equipment specification, comparison, procurement, installation and commissioning management
- De-bottlenecking analysis
- Full project management of all the above
- Create awareness of your duties under the CDM 2015 regulations before any design work begins
- Plan, manage, monitor, and co-ordinate health & safety in the pre-construction phase
- Assist you with compiling the pre-construction information
- Supply any contractor’s information they need to carry out their duties
- Collaborate with all stakeholders on the project to eliminate or reduce foreseeable health & safety risks
- Create, review, revise and update a health & safety file throughout the project
- Keep the principal contractor informed of any risks during the construction phase
Whether it is at planning, design or delivery stage Arctica offers value engineering for anyone needing a ‘second look’ to give the assurance that all alternatives have been explored.
By monitoring design, building, and manufacturing processes and finding alternative materials and solutions, the cost and programme may be reduced or the product improved or both.
At Arctica we use value engineering to solve problems and identify and eliminate unwanted costs. We aim to increase your return on investment whilst satisfying the performance requirements and delivering a facility fit for purpose.
To deliver benefits that include a reduction in life cycle costs, improvement in quality and reduction of environmental impacts, consideration is given to:
- Construction methods
- Transportation issues
- Site limitations
We offer a workshop with the project team at design stage or as the project develops.
Our project managers have a hands-on and pro-active approach in giving direction and leadership in the Value Engineering process.