Our primary focus is on the food manufacturing sector. Skills learnt in this arena are highly transferrable to other industrial markets, such as energy from waste and marine infrastructure such as ports and harbours.
Architecture for industry
Many of our industrial building architecture commissions include offices, canteens and restaurants, warehousing and distribution.
Every commission is different but many follow this sequence:
- Preparation of an early feasibility study to assess project scope, budget and programme which can be used to back up a capital expenditure (Capex) application to a company board or external investors.
- Site finding, site analysis and comparison, and research into utilities availability.
- Building design in sufficient detail to apply for and negotiate planning permissions.
- Preparation of detailed construction drawings to enable competitive tenders to be sought.
- Contract administration of a building contract between client and builder.
Architecture for schools
Away from industrial markets we have developed specialist expertise in meeting the unique architectural needs of education, particularly for schools and colleges within the independent sector.
We deliver architectural consultancy services including fire safety strategy, cost planning and tender documentation for:
- Lecture auditoria
- Classroom and training facilities
- Canteen facilities
All our education design and consultancy staff are DBS checked in accordance with safeguarding regulations and hold all the necessary certification to work on sites where children are present.
Building Information Modelling
At Arctica we use Building Information Modelling (BIM) to get people and information working together effectively and efficiently through defined processes and technologies. BIM helps us to deliver projects on time and to budget.
We currently work at BIM Level 1 3D which comprises a mixture of 3D CAD for concept work and 2D for drafting of statutory approval documentation and production information. CAD standards are managed to BS 1192:2007 and electronic sharing of data is carried out from a common data environment (CDE). We are currently in the process of moving towards Level 2 accreditation.
For more details on our architectural services call us on 01780 482200.
For more details on our architectural services call us on 01780 482200